Friend: We could rent this, I heard it was good.
Friend: Or how about this? Have you seen it? I loved it!
Me: Yeah, I heard it was pretty good...wait, let's get this one, I heard it was awful!
Me: It sounds so bad!
Friend: Why do you want to get it then?
Me: Because it looks like it will be terrible!
See, there's something about watching a movie you know is going to be a train wreck. There are two main reasons why I watch them:
1) If everyone I know says it sucks, then I HAVE to find out just how bad it really is.
2) If no one saw it because it looked like it would suck, then I HAVE to be the one to find out if it does or not.
I usually find that, since I'm already not expecting much, I can usually be okay with these kinds of movie. I know it's going to be awful, so I can not worry about why it's sucking, and look for the things that it has going for it. So I actually kind of enjoyed it in spite of that fact that it does, in fact, suck. Go figure.
891) The Outlaws is Coming. Three Stooges Western = Good.
892) Doctor X. Again, I love TCM. Crazy old horror movie, goofy as hell, but so fun to watch.
893) The War. So long as Costner isn't the director, it should be good...
894) Gunman's Walk. Western = Good.
895) The Petrified Forest. Another great TCM selection.
896) The Last Seduction. I don't know why I bothered with this. I HATE Linda Fiorentino.
897) The Blob. What, no kooky mixed up theme song?! That's what was so awesome about the original!
897 down, 103 to go.