Saturday, December 03, 2005

12-03-2005

890) Surviving Christmas. I have this weird, almost perverted, need to see movies that everyone else said sucked. Seriously. I can't tell you how many times this conversation has taken place:

Friend: We could rent this, I heard it was good.
Me: Maybe....
Friend: Or how about this? Have you seen it? I loved it!
Me: Yeah, I heard it was pretty good...wait, let's get this one, I heard it was awful!
Friend: What?
Me: It sounds so bad!
Friend: Why do you want to get it then?
Me: Because it looks like it will be terrible!
Friend: Whatever...

See, there's something about watching a movie you know is going to be a train wreck. There are two main reasons why I watch them:
1) If everyone I know says it sucks, then I HAVE to find out just how bad it really is.
2) If no one saw it because it looked like it would suck, then I HAVE to be the one to find out if it does or not.

I usually find that, since I'm already not expecting much, I can usually be okay with these kinds of movie. I know it's going to be awful, so I can not worry about why it's sucking, and look for the things that it has going for it. So I actually kind of enjoyed it in spite of that fact that it does, in fact, suck. Go figure.

891) The Outlaws is Coming. Three Stooges Western = Good.

892) Doctor X. Again, I love TCM. Crazy old horror movie, goofy as hell, but so fun to watch.

893) The War. So long as Costner isn't the director, it should be good...

894) Gunman's Walk. Western = Good.

895) The Petrified Forest. Another great TCM selection.

896) The Last Seduction. I don't know why I bothered with this. I HATE Linda Fiorentino.

897) The Blob. What, no kooky mixed up theme song?! That's what was so awesome about the original!

897 down, 103 to go.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to check out a movie that completely sucks, find "Cannibal Women of the Avocado Jungle of Death". Good gracious. The torture at Abu Ghraib is nothing compared to the torture of watching this movie. Honestly, with Shannon Tweed and Bill Maher, how did this movie not work? Has to be near the list of worst movies ever, right next to Frogs, Pinata: Survival Island, and Sweet House of Horrors.

1:06 AM  
Blogger The Don said...

Yo Toddster,

I can't help but wonder... have you seen "Blacula"? That ones gotta be worthy of a review! C'mon mang, Soul Brother of Darkness!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

don, can't watch it til next month, blacula was knocked off years ago.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate her as well... but this reminded me (for no apparent reason) of a movie which I saw at about the same time which was actually good. Have you seen Exotica?

Stranko Montana

11:02 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

Stranko, can't say that I've seen Exotica. I pulled it up on IMDB, it sounds like it might be interesting, so we'll see if Netflix can get it here by the end of the month.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home