824) Closer. "Have you ever seen a heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood!" Depressing movie about depressing people but, God help me, I liked it.
825) The Leopard Man. Really, who thinks letting a woman walk around with a leopard on a leash is a good idea? Val Lewton, you are a genius. Creepy as hell, and they don't even show anything!
826) Everything is Illuminated. You just can't start out with a quirky road movie populated by eccentric characters and then veer it sharply into a meditation on the nature of identity and memory. Also, if it feels like it took ten hours to get nowhere, you've failed.
827) Broken Flowers. At first the whole weary but resigned thing Bill Murray had going worked cause you could kind of see the smirk behind the mask and you were in on the joke, but now you can kind of see the weary and resigned is real, and it's sad.
827 down, 173 to go.
- We all knew at some point Va. Tech would remember they're Va. Tech.
- So now I'm actually a little relieved that Bama will more than likely be shut out of the Rose Bowl. I'll be happy with whipping hell out of whoever wins the Big East in the Sugar Bowl.