Tuesday, January 18, 2005

01-18-2005

55) Come September. Ironically enough, Rock Hudson plays the straight man in this delightful farce. Get it? Straight man? HAHAHA! Yeah, so anyway, his homosexuality was certainly hard earned; if La Lollobrigida couldn't turn him straight, no one could. She was absolutely gorgeous and sexy as hell in this. Couldn't have enjoyed it more.

56) The Nevadan. Good solid B Western. The fourth Randolph Scott western I've seen this year and now the second where he goes undercover as an outlaw. Interesting. So I was thinking about my plan to make a western if I were a Hollywood bigshot and this would probably a good story to remake. Mel Gibson would do well, I think, in the Scott role. Or possibly Tom Selleck. You'd have to find a pretty creepy guy to play Galt though, and not obviously creepy like Walken, but someone that can seem normal but totally give you the chills.

57) Girl Happy. Remember when chasing skirts by the pool and the blatant and total objectification of pretty girls was such wild, kooky fun? Me either, but as Robin would be more than happy to tell you I belong in that era far more than this one. Anyway, I was really excited to see Shelley Fabares. I used to love The Donna Reed Show when it would come on Nick at Nite and I had a total crush on Mary. I remember finding out she was Coach's girlfriend and it completely crushed me, not that she would date Craig Nelson, but that somehow the cruel hands of time had conspired to keep us apart. I remember seeing her on a talk show one time and she was telling the story of how she was required to record Johnny Angel as part of her contract with the show but she didn't know how to sing so they pulled all kinds of recording tricks to make it sound decent and then they made her go on all these variety shows to promote it, but back then lip syncing was standard procedure and so the needle on the record got stuck so she was completely embarassed when it kept skipping but on the plus side she never had to sing again. Anyway, this was pretty standard Elvis fare, he's a singer (gasp!) that scams a trip to Ft. Lauderdale to keep an eye on his boss's smoking hot daughter (the aforementioned Fabares) during spring break. They sing, they dance, they chase girls, Eurotrash scum takes Shelley to a strip club and then we all learn an important lesson about life and love. So, you want to know how big of a guitar nerd I am? Elvis was playing a blonde tele with a bigsby unit on it and it got me to thinking about how, other than the Martin from the early days and the Danelectro from the picture of him in his army uniform, I've only really seen him play various Gibson acoustic and semi-hollow models and it was just really weird seeing him play that tele. I'm a loser. I know. Other random observation; during the whole "do the clam" dance number the guys that take over playing the band's instruments while they danced both looked like Buddy Holly.

57 down, 943 to go.

Quick Sports Aside: Everyone that knows me knows that I don't really care much about basketball. I'll keep up with Bama and UAB, but rarely do I actually start watching the games until conference championship time rolls around. But I watched the Bame/Mississippi State game tonight knowing it was an important game for Bama and also thinking it would surely be a good one. But crap, dude. I know it's tough to beat Bama at home, but are you kidding me? That was just embarassing to watch. Mississippi State, we need to talk. Basketball is all you have. Lord knows football isn't your strong suit. I mean, you lost to Maine. Maine! And yes, I know you beat Florida. I remember, I was watching. And I know it was fun for you, but you're starting to sound like a high school winner that went nowhere and can't stop talking about your senior year state championship. Basketball is your strong suit. You know it, I know it, everyone else knows it. So what went wrong? Exams weighing on your mind? Did you stay up too late playing PS2 again? You can tell me. I know, I'm a Bama fan and it's none of my business and all my laughing and pointing probably hurt your feelings. But I'm something else, too. Do you know what that is? You don't? Well I'll tell you. I'm a good listener. If you need me, I'll be here. Know that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I to learn abt it in detail?

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home