Sunday, January 09, 2005

01-08-2005 Part II

26) Kid Galahad. One of the better Elvis movies, this one features Elvis as an amateur boxer fresh out of the army and just looking to settle down in the town where he grew up. Some songs, some romance, some fighting in and out of the ring, and Charles Bronson! Not an original, but at least a coherent, story and Elvis pulls it off all right. I'm always kind of amazed at his natural comic timing and that sort of likability is always what saves him no matter how ludicrous the drama gets.

27) The Tall T. Great western. Not much more to say.

I interrupted The Tall T to go to Steve's birthday party. We fried a turkey and it was excellent. I don't even like turkey but I loved it, and a good time was had by all. I finished it up when I got home and then tried to watch Sphere, but Robin called and interrupted as per usual and I lost track of what was going on so I just gave up. I usually don't watch Dustin Hoffman movies because he annoys the crap out of me and Sam Jackson is in it and I remember when it came out because a friend from high school was all about the Michael Crichton and he was reading the paperback with the movie cover for the poster so I figured I'd give it a shot. It had some promise so I'll try to finish it up later on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is all I get?!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home