Monday, January 10, 2005

01-10-2005

Eventful night. First I come home to discover that my cable channels have been re-arranged to fit my new HBO/Cinemax package, which now includes HBO Latin. Because I watch a lot of movies in Spanish. Without the benefit of subtitles. Because I speak Spanish. So anyway, after being mad about that I started in on Stoked - The Rise and Fall of Gator. It was an excellent documentary on the rise of skating in pop culture during the 80s (why oh why don't I still have my Vision Street Wear Shirt? Emo kids would pay so much for that on Ebay!) and the subsequent downfall of a big name skater. At least for the first forty-five minutes. See, Charity came over she had made me Jello since I had had such a rough day (which is a totally different story that I really don't want to get into) and then Sarah came by because they were going to play tennis in the park across the street. At about the 45 minute mark the phone rings and Charity says Sarah dislocated her shoulder, what do they do? Note to self: never play tennis. So anyway, I ran over to the park in my flip flops and track pants (if you know me, you'll know why that is funny) and we got her to the emergency room where I spent a good four hours (even though she was in and they had her shoulder back in in like ten minutes). Note to the weirdly tall man-nurse: Asking someone walking the halls in the emergency room "How's it going?" probably isn't wise. What if I had said "Not very well, my mom just died!"? Anyway, in my haste to get to the park and headed to the ER I hadn't realized that Lee had left so I went off with the door unlocked, TV blaring and my wallet and everything just sitting on top of the TV in my room. By the time I got back Lee was home and in bed, but without my keys I couldn't get in so I had to go around and knock on his window to get him to open the door. It was all very fun. So it's a good thing I was one movie ahead of schedule. The new #32 is City of God. I watched about an hour of it before I had to turn it off so it won't be finished until tonight. So far it's pretty good. I've already spotted the presence of quite a few great character actors and the story is pretty intriguing. I suspect I'll be claiming that Matt Dillon could learn to use a heavier hand in the editing room, but we'll see.

Johnny English Update: While I was waiting for Lee to get out of the shower this morning, I noticed it was on the all espanol "Cinema Latina" channel. Why dost thou taunt me, English?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home