Friday, January 14, 2005

01-13-2005

37) The Pink Panther. After watching the Life and Death of Peter Sellers I resolved to watch more of his movies and I'm glad I did. How have I gone my whole life without seeing this? It wasn't really what I expected, but Sellers doesn't disappoint. The scene with him playing violin in bed was absolutely hysterical. He definetely stole the whole show, but I felt so bad for him at the end. I can't wait to watch the sequels.

38) Adam's Rib. Two Hepburn's so far this week. TCM was showing a George Cukor run the other day so I recorded them knowing they'd have to be good. Yet another quick witted, dialogue driven comedy, but the whole gender politics theme got on my nerves for most of the movie. When the jury brought back a not guilty verdict I was so mad I was ready to turn the movie off and not even bother saying I had watched it, but the denouement was satisfying enough so whatever.

Random Observations:
So a straight-jacketed bear puts a stigma on the mentally ill? And what stigma would that be? That they are cute and cuddly? That the mentally ill are suitable harbingers of love and affection? I'd be embracing this, being all "see, there is nothing wrong with the mentally ill that a little bit of love and affection and maybe a straight jacket can't fix."

I swear I saw Sophia Bush on the way to work this morning. Or maybe I just wanted to see her so bad I created her with my mind. Oh man, that would be so awesome!

If what is being implied on the scenes from the next OC really happens, I'm going to be pissed! Not Lindsay! Also, far be it from me to be all down on hot girl on girl action, but why Alex? I mean, I hate Seth and all and if he gets hurt I could really care less, but I was just starting to like her and now she's turning into this bad girl ratings grabber cliche. I hate The OC.

38 down, 962 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home