Wednesday, January 05, 2005

01-04-2005 Part II

When I was a junior in high school I never ate lunch at school. Instead, me and my friend Mikey would always go hang out in our lunch/study teacher's room while everyone else was at lunch and read or goof off or whatever. At one point during the year, his student teacher (Mr. Carol I believe?) would usually hang out in the classroom grading papers or whatever, but we would always get to talking and he was a pretty cool guy so we would usually distract him from his work and talk about stupid crap for half and hour until study hall began. So during this time I was madly in love with a girl named Meg Wright, but of course things never really worked out (though I did get my one date and had an excellent time the weekend before she got back together with her college boyfriend. ugh.) and I announced to Mikey that I was over her. Mr. Carol (?) seemed kind of perplexed over this and wanted to know how anyone could get over her and I thought that was kind of weird but then we figured out he thought I had said Meg Ryan so a good laugh was had by all and we pretty well agreed that there could be no getting over Meg Ryan. Which sucks for Dennis Quaid. I say all of this because I did finish Flesh and Bone last night after all, and I absolutely loved it. It was a little uneven and the whole James Caan subplot could have been entirely left out (I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say a movie could do without James Caan) and it would have still been a well acted character piece, possibly even a better movie. But even with it I was totally drawn in by both Quaid and Ryan and it just made me kind of sad for poor Dennis. I mean, Russell Crowe? Really Meg? Russell Crowe? Proof of Life? Really? So yeah, despite my obvious bitterness with Meg, she was perfect in this and made me remember why I loved her in the first place. My only real sticking point? Gwynnie. Not because she was bad or anything, it was just kind of weird seeing her with the younger Quaid and Ryan since I kind of think of her as a pretty young actress. She just seems out of place. But whatever. 15 down, 985 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home