Wednesday, January 05, 2005

01-05-2005

16) The Human Stain. My friend Van had to read this at Columbia so he sent me his copy and even though it was a very detailed and long read, I enjoyed it immensely. The filmic adaption was unfortunately forced to sacrifice most of the character development from the book so I was very dissatisfied with it. The overall theme of the book made it over to the movie, but I really don't think an hour forty five could do justice to the story. I don't know if I would have liked it without having read the book, but I did get the feeling that a couple of the racier scenes could have been sacrificed for more storytelling. Whatever.

17) Scotland, PA. Macbeth, set in 1970s rural Pennsylvania. HAHAHA. Brilliant! Excellent soundtrack! Can't say enough good things! Watch this movie!

18) Chasing Liberty. I can't decide if I like Mandy Moore or not. I mean, she was dumb enough to be the first of Fez's gullible and underaged action, but she's totally adorable and A Walk to Remember was the smartest first step into the world of Hollywood a crossover pop star has ever made. This didn't really help her. I tried my best to like her, but all the dramatic scenes reaked of high school drama club and the "funny" parts (and the whole thing really) were so ludicrous and predictable that I had to laugh anyway because it was just too funny that the parts that were least funny were supposed to be the funniest. Charity stopped by to show off her new haircut, which was very cute, and she stayed to watch a little and even though I could laugh at it for being awesomely bad she couldn't take it at all. So bottom line, Mandy Moore is still adorable, Chasing Liberty is crap, and I wish I had Johnny English on DVD.

18 down, 982 to go.



18 down, 982 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home