Friday, January 07, 2005

01-07-2005

Gregg Allman and Friends are playing a concert here later this month and the radio ads are referring to him as "The Greatest Living Blues Legend." I'm sorry, did B.B. King die and I just missed it? Should I call and check on Buddy Guy? Didn't think so.

22) Arabesque. Very 60s, very international. Loren is gorgeous as always, and even with my widely known disgust of feet, I would have had no problem giving her that foot rub. Peck seemed a little odd trying to pull off the cavalier one liners in tight situations, but the nice man on TMC informed me after the movie that his role was originally written for Cary Grant so it kind of makes sense. Grant probably would have pulled them off better, but I could see why he'd turn down the role after having made Charade, another "chase" movie, with the same director only a few years earlier.

23) Rage at Dawn. I'm sure I'm going to wind up watching some old western that I've already seen and just didn't realize it because I watched so many as a kid with my dad. I love these old B westerns for some reason. If I was some Hollywood big shot I'd demand to be given free reign to direct my own western after making some big budget affair that made a studio tons of money. Anyway, I borrowed this from my old man as part of a big set of twelve that I got him for his birthday a few years ago and I'm really looking forward to watching the rest. Angel and the Badman is the only movie in the set that I've even heard of but the others sound pretty good too so I'll probably be hitting them pretty hard this weekend.

24) Flight of the Phoenix. Yawn.

24 down, 976 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home