Thursday, December 29, 2005

And if you see Johnny football hero in the hall...

Tell him he played a great game, Tell him you like his article in the newspaper!

- I still love this album. Even though Popular is the worst song on there, it's absolutely hilarious.

- HAHAHA. Oh, Pac-10, when will you learn?

- Just got the Southern Miss monkey off my back. I've realized that my game strategery is straight from the Gene Stallings school of football, except that the UAB defense sucks. I'm blitzing like a freak since the D-line is the only strength on that side of the ball and keeping pressure on the QB is the only way to keep him from making completions. I think I had 7 sacks and a load of QB hurries and it worked pretty well, but both their touchdowns came off of deep passes so I was really lucky they didn't get a few more off since there were several times receivers were wide open. Actually, my defense scored one of our touchdowns, so maybe I'm closer to Stallings than I think. I also have come up with my own sort of hybrid pro-set/option strategy from a shotgun set that worked really well this time around. Before, I was trying to take advantage of Hack's arm but that just wasn't working, so I took a page from Urban Meyer's Big Book of Eating Crow and switched to a power run game that pretty well dominated the Southern Miss defense. One day I'll be a member of the offensive revolution, just not today.

- In real UAB Football news, HELL YES! I've been a little behind on keeping up with Blazer Football since their season is over and Basketball is on again, so I missed this a few weeks ago. My only question is, "which direction would that be Watson?" Hopefully it's one where the words "prevent defense" are never uttered. Also, hopefully it's not one where your DC has to leave the locker room FIVE MINUTES before the rest of the team to waddle his fat ass to the sideline.

- I'm just going to say it, as much as I don't wanna hear about a Trojan "threepeat" (I seem to recall LSU winning the MNC two years ago, but I could be wrong), I hope USC whips hell out of Texas. I tried to like them after the soft spot (or spots, as the case may be) in my heart for A&M turned to stone, but I simply cannot stand the Longhorns. Maybe it's the Orange jerseys, I don't know, but I want them beat and I want them beaten badly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

Overrated Big XII team versus overrated Pac-10 team in nationally-televised pillowfight in the Rose Bowl? This is clearly something that could get you burned at the stake if said at ESPN, but I just wonder what would happen if they stuck either team with an SEC or Big Ten schedule this year.

And I'm watching "Stroker and Hoop" at 2 a.m. WTF?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

I really wouldn't say USC is overrated. I hate to praise a Pac-10 team, but they are the only one I could see playing in the SEC or Big Ten and still winning big.

I just put a 57 - 35 whipping on Memphis. To add insult to injury, I threw for a 30 yard touchdown with 10 seconds to go and then got the 2 point conversion. Seriously, why don't more teams run up the score? It's fun!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years in a row the #2 PAC10 gets hosed by "inferior" competition.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

pac10 = teh suxors

9:29 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

Mayday, the Rose Bowl is as close to a meteor game for me as an Auburn/Tennessee match up. But as much as the constant ass kissing of USC is bugging just about everyone (including me), I really do think they are the better team here. Yeah, they are Pac-10, but they don't play Pac-10 football and that's why they own that conference. Give praise where it's due, just make sure you don't turn into Mark May and annoint them THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL FREAKING TIME.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home