Monday, December 26, 2005

12-26-2005

984) Flatliners. When the whole "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing first started up I owned that MFer. Seriously, it was a huge hit with the Dawson Memorial Baptist Church youth group set and when I run into certain people from high school they still talk about it. It was pathetic. Anyway, whenever anyone would challenge me on it someone would inevitably spit out "do Julia Roberts" in a really smug tone like she was the secret weapon that no one had ever thought to use before and there was no freaking way I could connect the two. So I'd always say "Julia Roberts and Kevin Bacon in Flatliners" in a real smug tone back and they would feel like the stupidest person on Earth and everyone would laugh at them and it was all in great fun. But yeah, I could see why no one would really remember that they were in this together, cause who would want to remember this movie existed at all? I mean, besides the Baldwin that got all the chicks.

985) Lightning Bug. Filmed right here in Alabama. A couple of local radio hosts are in it so they used to talk about it all the time. It was likeable, but nothing too special.

986) Cry Wolf. I'm going to have to go with WHATEVER on this one.

987) Robots. The first time I've actually found Robin Williams amusing...

988) Nothing in Common. Even with the awful 80s hair and make up, Sela Ward is still all that is beauty.

988 down, 12 to go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO TODD GO! GO TODD GO!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't say I'm envious, but this is epic. Bring it home, man.

4:14 PM  
Blogger The Don said...

DAYUM TODDSTER! Looks like yer gonna make it! Lightning Bug eh? I heard that Kevn Kinney and Drivin' N Cryin' had some major songs in that movie!

And THAT was also what I heard was the highlight of it!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

Kevin did all the original songs for the soundtrack, but there wasn't really a lot of it going on except for over the opening and closing credits.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home