Friday, December 23, 2005

12-23-2005

970) Seven Men From Now. Westerns = Good.

971) Heaven. Stupid, boring, HATE. Seriously, the movie went absolutely nowhere at a glacial rate. Just awful. You really let me down with this one Cate.

972) Dungeons and Dragons. I was going to say that as big of a dork as I was/am at least I was never a D & D loser, but then I remembered that I did, in fact, play other RPGs so that's really like a coke head pointing to a heroin addict and calling him a pathetic junkie. Anyway, movie sucked, auto-pilot, blah blah blah...

973) Corky Romano. Stupid, but at least there were a few silly laughs.

974) Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Dear Hillary Duff, Eat something! Love, Todd

974 down, 26 to go.

- I did something really stupid this afternoon. I bought a PS2 and NCAA 2006. I blame Van since he made me go to EB Games the other night and they had them really cheap and I just couldn't resist the tempation any longer. I haven't actually owned a game console in years (the last one I had was an N64 and the only game I ever bought was Mario Party) and I was never much of a gamer to begin with, but I'm going to need something to do next year and building the UAB Blazers into a perennial powerhouse is as good a hobby as any. Already I'm realizing my limitations. I ran some of the practice drill things and I freaking suck right now. I've managed to only play two actual games today (a 28-0 beat down of Southern Miss and a 7-14 heartbreaker against Memphis, making me the exact opposite of Watson Brown) so maybe I'll be able to control myself for one week before plunging head long into trying to master this game.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

I realized I had to get the PS2 and the NCAA franchise after, on a friend's machine in late '02, I was down 17-0 to Tennessee at halftime (in Knoxville). I rallied to win 35-17 in the second half.
Then I had to change the coach's name from Fran to Mike Price to Shula over the course of the summer. Sad, sad times.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't played the 'ol PS2 in a while. I'm still old school right now with my NCAA '05. The game is realistic though, I was on probation after three seasons!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Nice to see Memphis actually beat UAB in football in some universe

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home