Sunday, July 31, 2005

07-31-2005

574) The Hurricane. Good biopic and Denzel's performance was excellent.

575) Honey. Jessica Alba, I'd like to welcome you into the illustrious company of Todd's Great Celebrity Loves.

576) Spellbound. The weirdest Hitchcock so far. Psycho was, well, psycho, but this one was just flat out surreal. There were a ton of "dreamy" sequences and the Dali sequence was absolutely nuts. Excellent, but weird.

577) Masked and Anonymous. I get the whole allegory of his personal life thing, but that's being too simplistic. It works better if taken as a Dylan song, like there are plenty of things you can think he's saying but there's no way to tell if you are right. It's all a pretty big mess though. I got the feeling that all the big names just wanted to hang out with Bob no matter how weird and silly the script was. The music was good and it wasn't that bad I guess. Two random notes: First, Penelope Cruz is so adorable but the Cruise taint is just too much. I want to love you, but I just can't. Second, I am totally hot for Jessica Lange and I don't know why. She's not that good of an actress, she seems like a total idiot/bitch in interviews, and she really hasn't even aged all that well, yet I'm strangely attracted to her. I'm so dirty.

578) The Corruptor. It has Chow Yun Fat so that makes it worth at least one watch. Otherwise it was a pretty unambitious cop drama.

578 down, 422 to go.

Special Belated Happy Birthday To Leslie Update:
Happy Birthday Leslie.

Special Early Happy Birthday Before I Forget To Krista Update:
Happy Birthday Krista.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, you are too sweet to remember little ole me on my big day! Hope the knee holds out until your surgery - but I am sure Sarah could carry you around if needed!

Leslie

8:13 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

It's true, I'm a sweetheart. Sarah keeps insisting that she could carry me around piggy back, she might just get the chance to prove it.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are defintely not a sweetheart.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

Just because you are dirty and I treat you accordingly doesn't mean I'm not a sweetheart.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not dirty (that would be your nasty apartment). Furthermore a sweetheart would be nice to everyone-you are not. You are a poser sweetheart.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home