Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Pros and Cons of Self-Surgery

I'm bored out of my mind right now. UPS didn't show until 12:00 and then didn't even really have anything (considering it's only an hour later and I'm already done) so other than that I'm just sitting around answering the phone and goofing off on the internet. I'd go print, but everyone is here so there really aren't any orders that need doing, plus I'd stand there for maybe twenty minutes before I'd have to retreat back to my office to get off of my knee. This knee thing is really starting to suck. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it 'til August 19th. It didn't seem like it would be that long of a wait when we were scheduling it, but now I'm looking at the calendar, all "three more weeks? Give me a knife and flashlight, I'm cutting this bitch myself!" So I figure, on the pro side, I'll at least feel like I'm taking control of issues that have previously been a source of frustration to me and the sense of pride attained from this exercise will outweigh the con. Namely that I'll wind up cutting up a bunch of stuff that I shouldn't and I'll have to have a full replacement after all. But back to the pro, I totally want a bionic knee. But on the con side, rehab on that kind of thing is like a years worth of relearning to walk. But on the pro side, that's a small price to pay to begin my quest to be constructed mostly from machine parts as I continue to thumb my nose with contempt and derision at nature. But on the con side, that's sort of blasphemous. So maybe no on the self-surgery. I'm going to go to lunch and think about it. More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

then you really will be an emotionless robot

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home