Tuesday, July 26, 2005

07-26-2005

Jury duty. She's a bitch. I'm actually at our lunch break right now, but I have to be back in an hour to sit around and see if I get called. Only one jury got called this morning, and then another big group got called right before lunch but since the court can't get to them today they all got to go home while the rest of us get sent to lunch and have to come back. There are three more courts requesting juries but they could settle so my fingers are crossed that I'll be let go today. In sort of good news, the Birmingham Public Library is right next to the court house so I wandered over there and picked up biographies of George Jones (one that's on my Amazon wish list and I've been wanting to read for awhile) and Paul Gauguin for $1 a piece.

560) Backdraft. I wanted so much to like this, but I just couldn't. It's like there was too much going on, all "it's a family drama about two estranged brothers, no wait, it's an action movie about firefighters, no wait, it's a murder mystery, no wait..." The whole murder mystery thing felt like it was tacked on as an afterthought and really wasted De Niro, the Donald Sutherland thing was such a pale imitation/obvious rip off of Hannibal Lecter, I suspect Ron Howard forgot Jennifer Jason Leigh was in the movie half way through shooting because she suspiciously dissapeared after an hour of making her out to be some sort of love interest for the Baldwin, and so on and so on. It's just a big mess that could have been a good movie but instead, whatever.

561) Eraser. Standard Arnie action fare. Okay.

562) A Knight's Tale. Not as dumb as I thought it was going to be, but it did start to drag at the TWO HOUR mark, well after any teen movie should have ended.

562 down, 438 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home