Wednesday, July 27, 2005

07-27-2005

563) Constantine. Eh. It got caught up in itself too much, like if you don't know the story that isn't really ever provided in the way of at least a little bit of exposition then you aren't cool enough to be watching the movie. Kind of like listening in on a conversation between two strangers at a diner and you kind of know what they are talking about and can follow along but you don't know what started the conversation. Whatever.

564) The Rules of Attraction. I get the feeling the director was thinking "I just got hired to make me a movie, and I'm going to use ever clever little trick I learned in film school to make it look extra stylish and cool, too!" when he got the job. Decent enough story I guess, but all the clever little moments tended to drag the story and it got annoying after awhile, and that whole rewinding the action over and over again for the first fifteen minutes at the beginning gave me a headache. Whatever.

565) National Lampoon's Holiday Reunion. Absolutely dreadful. Just awful. Really. Awful. Terrible. I felt like I needed a shower after watching it, it was that bad. I would say it's as bad as Haiku Tunnel but the characters aren't completely reprehensible, just awfully, terribly, painfully unfunny. HATE.

565 down, 435 to go.

I'm back at work baby! I'm beginning to think that my new apartment is haunted. Yesterday morning when I woke up the water wasn't working right, like, I couldn't get hot water at all in the shower, but if I turned the hot water knob on the bathroom sink it would shoot cold water out of the shower faucet and crazy stuff like that. So I had to gather up my clothes and drive like mad to my parents house to take a shower so I wouldn't be late for jury duty and in the process forgot to grab my knee brace. So all yesterday I was hurting even though I was just sitting on my but all day. I'm still feeling it this morning, but I've got the brace on now and did my special exercises this morning so it isn't as bad as yesterday. Anyway, I got home and the water was fixed, but this morning I woke up to some really weird murmuring noise and I thought maybe the woman down stairs had her TV on really loud and I was hearing that, but it sounded like it was coming from my living room so I got up and went in there and somehow my stereo had not only been turned on, it had been switched from the aux input to FM and it wasn't on a station, it was just picking up random noises and static. I'm kind of freaked out by what I'm going to find tomorrow morning.

So jury duty, where to start. I never even got called for a jury yesterday, and after I got back from lunch they had us sit there until four when they announce that all the rest of the cases for this week had settled and we can all go home now, see you in 12 months. So that was two days completely wasted unless you count the reading. Which I'm actually kind of glad for. With all the movies I haven't really gotten a chance to read and even though I'm not a crazy literature buff I do enjoy reading and usually have at least one or two books on my nightstand at all times. I put a pretty good dent in The Crossing and am enjoying it so far, though it's not quite as good as All the Pretty Horses. I finished off The Legend of Bear Bryant last night, which was a very quick read and pretty shallow, but it was still interesting enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home