Sunday, July 24, 2005

07-23/24-2005

Special all in one for the weekend since I won't have internet (or cable!) until Friday so updating will be sporadic at best this week update edition:

554) Blue Crush. Kate Bosworth in skimpy swimwear. Sweet.

555) The Fantastic Four. I was never really into the Fantastic Four when I was still reading comics, but I was still kind of irked at the casting of Jessica Alba as Sue Storm. The Invisible Girl was the picture of Blonde Haired Blue Eyed White Bread-dom and Alba is, well, not. It wouldn't have been that much of an issue, really, if Johnny wasn't her brother and the complete and total lack of family resemblance wasn't a factor, but he is her brother and looks nothing like her so there you go. That being said, I am so totally glad they cast Alba as Sue. She's so hot. Anyway, pretty good comic book movie. It wasn't as good as the X-men or Spiderman movies, but it wasn't a Daredevil like disaster either so I'm okay with it.

556) The Mask of Fu Manchu. Awesome.

557) National Lampoon Presents: Dorm Daze. More like a really long and extra raunchy sitcom than a movie. Still worth some laughs though.

558) A Love Song for Bobby Long. Who would have thought a movie with a couple of drunken screw ups from Auburn could be so good? I really did like this one in spite of itself, it seemed a little long at times and certain parts were kind of predictable, but ultimately the cast saved it from itself.

558 down, 442 to go.

We moved all the heavy stuff yesterday and brother, it sucked. I really had no idea how much heavy crap I had until we started toting it up the stairs. I think I'm going to like the new place allright once I get everything unpacked and settled in but it was a rocky start yesterday. I was going to do some laundry but when we moved the washing machine something inside the control panel popped loose so it never would cut off when the water level was right and I flooded the kitchen. Luckily I was in there when it started or it would have been much worse. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so I gave up and started to take a shower but the drain was clogged so I had to run to the store and get some Drano before I could take one. Anyway, after much cursing and lamenting my old sucky apartment that at least had a functioning shower the drain was cleared and I fixed the washer so everything went smoothly after that. I still have to get my dishes from the old place which I am going to do as soon as I leave here (I'm at the office since I don't have internet at home) and sweep the place out (we were some filthy bastards) but that's it. News from the knee front; it hurts. It really wasn't that bad yesterday. It was giving me trouble as we were moving the stuff but once I took a handful of Advil and put some ice on it was okay. This morning was a different story. I'm pretty sure a large animal snuck in last night and sat on it for awhile. Tomorrow I have to report for jury duty which will give me some rest AND afford me the opportunity to finally finish Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer. I've been reading Steve's copy off and on whenever I go over there but last night when we went to see the Fantastic Four we were right by a Barnes and Noble so I ran in to pick up a copy to take with me. I'm not actually looking forward to the jury duty itself, but since I know the DA I'm pretty sure I'll get stricken from any jury I get called for. My mom had jury duty a few months ago and she said every time they asked if anyone knew him she said yes and they would let her go. Also, and I'm totally going to try this, some woman got sent home right away when they asked if anyone didn't feel like they could issue a judgement and she said she couldn't for religious reasons. So maybe I'll only waste a little time. Okay, enough for now, time to go move some more stuff and get some more movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home