Friday, July 22, 2005

07-22-2005

551) Phantoms. Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms, yo! So this started out pretty creepy and from what I remember of the book (I went through my Koontz phase shortly after my King phase in high school) it was a pretty decent adaption, but then it took a turn into standard issue action/sci-fi and lost it's momentum. Kind of a waste.

552) Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid. Well, they followed the Alien/Aliens formula of "bigger and more" for the sequel pretty well, but this one has the distinction of making a good sequel to a crappy movie instead of a good sequel of a good movie. At first I was kind of pissed off at the outrageously exaggerated southern accent of Kadee Strickland. There's nothing I hate more than Hollywood types attempting to talk like us and failing miserably. But then I remembered she was in The Grudge speaking in a "normal voice" and then being shocked at how southern she sounded in the making of feature on the DVD. So it turns out that really is how she talks. Which makes her totally hot. Anyway, yeah, it was dumb, but it was good dumb.

553) Barbershop 2: Back in Business. It's a night of sequels I see. Just as good as the first.

552 down, 448 to go.

Spent most of the afternoon packing and moving some stuff to the new apartment. I only took light stuff like clothes and books and DVDs but going up and down those stairs was murder. Sarah helped later on and Lee is coming tomorrow morning to help me move the bigger stuff, which I am not looking forward to. All in all it hasn't been that bad of a move so far but moving the couchs and my giant bookcase up the stairs tomorrow is going to be a pain. Also, thanks for the concern, Leslie. You're a peach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home