Monday, January 03, 2005

01-03-2005

I had a cold all last week so I didn't work at all, and going back today sucked. Especially this time of year when we are crazy slow. I did manage to do a good bit of cleaning up the mess made in my absence and now my knees are killing me. Maybe I should have had that surgery after all. Anyway.

11) Beat the Devil. I can honestly say I've never seen a movie like this before. Not quite a screwball comedy (or even a comedy really), it certainly had an absurd sense of humor, eccentric characters and an improbable story, but it all works so well! Made me wonder if Wes Anderson saw this a lot as a kid. I'll have to pick this one up to keep, I'm sure I'll want to see it again.

12) Bad Day at Black Rock. I'm sure I'm probably supposed to like this movie, but I just couldn't get into it. Sturges's movies are usually slow paced but its always for a good reason. This time it just seems dull. And despite the Amazon review Tracy was miscast and ubelievable as the one armed tough guy. I'm sure it was a culturally important movie for its day, but it just doesn't relate, though I wonder how long it will be before some genius decides to update it for the post 9/11 world and has a bunch of rednecks murder a muslim.

Sports related aside: Curse you Virginia Tech! You beat Bama in the Music City Bowl but you decide to roll over for Auburn?! You are dead to me!

Johnny English Update: It was on HBO tonight when I got home. Do you know how hard it was not to watch it? No, you don't. But believe me, it was hard!

Foolish Side Project Update: About to finish the first season of Alias. Hopefully I'll stay awake.

12 down, 988 to go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home