Sunday, January 01, 2006

01-01-2006

Where to begin...

- I'll start putting together a couple of lists over the next few days (Best, Favorites, Worst, etc.). I just went through a few random posts and there are some out there that I had completely forgotten about so I want to go over the list to make sure I'm not leaving anything out. As it stands, Million Dollar Baby is still the best and Haiku Tunnel is still the worst, but there are plenty of others that stand out in my mind so I'll go back over them.

- I'm still all about watching some movies. It seemed weird this morning when I woke up and realized I could do whatever I wanted, and my first instinct was to put in a movie. Not something new, just a DVD that I've been wanting to see for awhile. I actually wound up watching The Fantastic 4 again yesterday morning while I was waiting on the mailman to deliver my last two selections from Netflix, and once I was done with the 1000 I popped in Office Space and watched most of it before going to Dwight and Krista's. I ordered both Million Dollar Baby and The Upside of Anger from Amazon friday afternoon and those are two that I've been excited about seeing again so hopefully they'll arrive soon. I guess that really isn't that weird. Even before all of this I'd been known to spend entire Saturdays at the theater or staying home and watching four or five movies in a row, it's just this time around I HAD to watch them instead of doing something else, where as before I was watching them for fun.

- I'm going to have to do some serious laundry and grocery shopping this afternoon. I have Coke and condiments in the fridge, and no towels. The past three weeks have not been kind.

- As of now the 2006 goal is to learn Russian. I've always wanted to see St. Petersburg and I'd like to be fluent enough to take care of myself there and not depend on a tour guide or the hope that someone nearby speaks American and can help. I'm going to wait a few weeks before really getting into it though. Sarah bought me a book and I saw what looked like a pretty good CD course at Barnes and Noble so pretty soon I'll be broadening my cultural horizons while driving back and forth to work.

- Speaking of Sarah, she made me a trophy (of sorts):
















It's a major award!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So do you make some goal every year of a big thing to accomplish?

4:50 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

This was actually the first year that I came up with something totally outrageous to do. I always have New Year's resolutions that I never keep up with (stop swearing so much, eat better, stuff like that) but this is the first time that I actually picked something completely nuts and went with it.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congraulations, Brother! Van and I will toast your accomplishment over beer and buffalo wings in Memphis tommorrow night.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

make sure they are atomic wings...

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go.. I've been monitoring your progress, especially when it got close to crunch time. I don't always agree with your assessments but admire your determination. As for the Tide, 2006 starts now!

Someone needs to compare and contrast Miami's W/L records with Bama under similar NCAA sanctions. They had some ugly losses in their recovery and are back. I'm just too lazy to do the research. It would make a good blog post though.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! congratulations. now on to the "learn russian in a year" blog?

9:10 PM  
Blogger The Don said...

Todd!

You did it! I will be sure to play a song in your honor at my next gig! I still need to come down to 'bama and hang w/ ya! How bout a slice of pizza brah!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In honor of the completion of the movies project and the possible Russian project:

Mnogaya Leta!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home