Saturday, December 17, 2005

12-17-2005

944) Serial Killing 101. Lisa Loeb reminds us all of why her geeky good looks took America by storm...

945) Happy New Year. Peter Falk in drag is just one of those things that's automatically funny.

946) Reindeer Games. Another one of those "everyone said it sucks" kind of movies, so I when I saw it on the shelf at Movie Gallery I had to get it. If they had left it as a straight heist/neo-noir picture instead of tacking on a formulaic action movie shoot out and twist ending, it would have been a great movie. Instead, it's just stupid.

947) Tempo. You know what, I'm not watching movies with Rachael Leigh Cook anymore. She's adorable and all, but with one exception her movies always suck. Also, Melanie Griffith plays a woman named Sarah. Can't I catch just one freaking break?

948) The Man in the Moon. Sweet little coming of age tale, but ultimately forgettable.

948 down, 52 to go.

- I went to Steve and Donna's Christmas Party and stayed a lot longer than I should have. I had plans to leave and see a late show of The Chronicles of Narnia, but I was having such a good time not watching movies for awhile that I couldn't bring myself to leave. Two more weeks, baby. 2005 will forever be my least favorite year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People never believe me when I tell them how rocking Josie and the Pussycats is. It took a while to convince me to watch it, but it does in fact kicketh bootay. Additionally Rachel Leigh Cook and Rosario Dawson in one movie is almost overload on the fineness.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

Josie also has the dynamic duo of Parker Posey and Alan Cummings. In my fantasy, I'm married to Parker Posey and we live in a stylish apartment in midtown Manhattan and wear nice clothes and say smart things and drink dirty martinis.

Then she divorces me when football season arrives. Dammit.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to admit that i figured josie and the pussycats was probably crap, but i didn't realize it had parker posey, rachel leigh cook, rosario dawson AND the inimitable alan cumming, i might have to take a look.

i've become fascinated by your quest as we hed into the final days of the year. (i'm a huge baseball fan during the playoffs, too. i know, it's a flaw.)

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home