Sunday, December 18, 2005

12-18-2005

949) Step Into Liquid.

and

950) Riding Giants. I'm going to put these two together because I'm going to say roughly the same thing about both. When I was a junior in high school an intern with the youth department at my church led a bible study for a couple of guys that I always went to. He lived right across the street from the church and we'd meet at his house, and one week for some reason I was the only one that could actually come so I showed up and he was like "well, everyone else has practice/appointment/whatever, so we'll just wait 'til next week to talk about this week's stuff" and since our group would always meet and then go to the church for the big youth group meeting I just hung out there for awhile instead of going back home for twenty minutes and then coming right back. So while I was there we watched part of Endless Summer II because he knew someone that was in it or something like that and from then on I've been fascinated by surfing. Not that I would ever want to do it myself (everyone that knows me, picture me on a surfboard, now take a few minutes to catch your breathe from all that laughing), but just watching it is always cool to me. So I enjoyed both of these, even though they were both very different. Step Into Liquid was heavy on the surfing shots and light on anything informative while Riding Giants was more of a traditional documentary covering the history of big wave surfing. Either way, both were very interesting.

951) The Bad News Bears. It's been so long since I've seen the original that I don't really remember much about it, but I can say that this one was hilarious.

952) Head Over Heels. I was completely on auto-pilot with this one...

953) Grumpier Old Men. Funny like the first one. Burgess Meredith stole the whole show.

954) The Bunker. The cover looked like a video game, and the last British horror movie I saw with a military slant worked out pretty well, so I picked it up. MISTAKE. Also the Amazon reviewer is right, all of the German soldiers have British accents and it just makes it seem all the more stupid. Again, I was totally on auto-pilot through the whole thing.

954 down, 46 to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Riding Giants was awesome. I'll have to check out the other. I'm still kicking myself for not trying surfing while living in Florida. It was on my "to do" list and I didn't get to it.

I've never seen Head Over Heels but Shalom Harlow sure is purty.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home