Wednesday, August 03, 2005

On the one hand I kind of want it...

Check it out. Now I can order the entire season on DVD! This is quite possibly the best AND worst idea ever. It's like gambling, really, but losing is far worse. You bet $323 and if you win you get a bunch of DVDs to relive the highs over and over again. But if you lose you not only lose your money but you are stuck with a bunch of DVDs of Shula and Co. trotting out to the 50 yard line, pulling their pants down, and laying another giant steaming pile right before your very eyes! The irresponsible gambling junkie inside of me is screaming that this purchase must be made, but the sensible adult that has managed to slap duct tape over the mouth of the irresponsible impulse purchaser and put him in a full nelson is telling me that even if we go undefeated I'll never actually watch the games again anyway. And yet, it's still an intriguing investment. By ordering the set it's like I'm re-affirming my faith in the Tide and their inevitable return to prominence, not just in the SEC, but nationally. It's as if I'm saying "I know we've had the hard times, but I'm not worried about this season and I'm putting up $323 to prove it." Ultimately, I think I'll have to pass. $323 is a steep price for 12 DVDs that will do nothing but gather dust. I think I'll save that money and spend it on Asian bootleg copies of The X-files instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home