Saturday, July 16, 2005

07-16-2005

529) Rounders. I've heard about this forever and just never thought about it when I was at the video store. If it hadn't been right next to Remember the Titans I wouldn't have picked it up. But it was, so I did. Pretty good but it was kind of weird seeing how crazy they were for poker. I'll admit to getting sucked into watching hours and hours of it on ESPN and playing a lot in high school PE after I became the de facto pit boss of a locker room full of freshmen (I was the only senior) and wound up leading them all into a year long obsession with gambling. Anyway, I can get obsessed about stuff like football and relive games for years and years but when he was rewatching old World Series of Poker tapes? What? Why? Didn't get that part. I mean, I got that part, but I just couldn't put myself in that situation.

530) Beyond the Sea. I see we've now entered the era of the stylized biopic. All of the clever little literary devices were interesting, but also kind of distracting. Still good though, I'm just being nitpicky. Plus, Kate Bosworth.

531) We Don't Live Here Anymore. This was not the best way to win me back, Naomi. Why the dirty?

532) Hidalgo. I was really surprised by this one. I wasn't expecting much really, but it had that kind of old Hollywood adventure picture feel to it and I liked it a lot.

533) The Notebook. Charity bawled and she'd already seen it once. She's such a girl sometimes. Anyway, very sweet, very sad, tugs at the old heart strings at just the right moments. Very well done. I could see why there was such a fuss made over it.

533 down, 467 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home