Thursday, July 14, 2005

07-14-2005

520) Hitch. Hollywood is going to have to start implementing some sort of rule about date movies not lasting longer than 100 minutes. After 90 minutes caring about the hero getting the girl sets into boredom and that's no good for real guys on dates.

521) Larceny, Inc. Pretty funny. Reminded me of The Big Deal on Madonna Street (the greatest caper comedy of all time) from time to time, but stands out on it's own.

522) Saboteur. Another unseen Hitchcock. I agree that this is a forerunner to themes Hitchcock would explore in later movies and as such it's an interesting watch. Otherwise it was only okay. Visually great though, Hitch always had an excellent cinematographer on hand and a keen eye for location.

522 down, 478 to go.

Good news and bad news. Good news first; no surgery plans yet. The initial diagnosis is that fluid build up on my knee is causing it to pull to the left instead of going straight up and down as I walk and is dragging the patella with it and that's what's causing all the pain. So I've been fitted with a brace to keep the cap in line and prescribed Celebrex to get rid of the fluid. I was also given a shot of Cortizone which hurt like a bitch for a few minutes but it really did work wonders for awhile. I think it worn off though, my knee is throbbing like mad right now. I'm to go back in four weeks to see if that's helping and if it isn't then we try something else. The bad news? I didn't get to see my doctor. The only one available is the same dickhole that jerked me around for SIX MONTHS last time, trying different inflammatory medications, running every damn test known to man on me, implying that there wasn't anything wrong with me and that I was either a big baby or a big faker and I should really just suck it up and stop bothering him every few weeks, and generally being an asshole of the highest ranking until I finally put my foot down (very gingerly) and demanded to see the doctor I was supposed to see in the first place who took all of five minutes looking at x-rays and feeling my knee to determine that I had torn cartilage and the bones were rubbing together and they could fix that right up how does Friday sound to you? I didn't actually realize it was the dickhole until after he left (it's been about four years and I only actually saw Dr. Competent the one time) since he never actually said "Hi, I'm Dr. Dickhole, Dr. Competent is busy right now" or anything and since I recognized him I just kind of assumed it was the right one and let him do his thing. After he left I saw his name on the prescription and realized who it was and now if things aren't better by the end of next week I'm going to see a different doctor. Hopefully this will work but I'm highly skeptical. True to form he started out all "it's inflamed, we'll fix it with drugs" and that didn't work at all last time so I'm figuring on suffering for another week. So it's only 8:30 and I'm going to watch at least one more before I go to bed, but I really don't feel like blogging later on so I'll catch up tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home