Friday, July 15, 2005

07-15-2005

523) Waking Up In Reno. While driving cross country to attend a monster truck jam might be a noble endeavor, using it as the frame work for a character drama about four "comically" unhappy people isn't. Crap.

524) Dracula II: The Ascension. I'm not sure why this is a sequel to Dracula 2000 since it didn't really have anything to do with continuing that storyline. Showed promise in the beginning and then got strangley dull for awhile until the action picked back up near the end. I'll rent the next one and maybe that one will flesh out the rest of the story enough to make it all worth it.

525) Hot Rods to Hell. Dirty, stinking, no good teenagers. I kept thinking about Straw Dogs through this. The whole decent man driven to violence to protect himself and loved ones is very Peckinpah.

526) A Midsummer Night's Dream. I enjoyed the 1999 remake, but the whole Golden Age of Hollywood big budget costume drama production atmosphere of this one seemed more....I don't know, right? Like Shakespeare is supposed to be all pomp and pageantry and only old school Hollywood could deliver that kind of tone. Special mention for Rooney who made Puck completely malevolent as opposed to simply mischievous and Cagney who turned in an excellent against type performance.

527) Risky Business. One more that everyone has seen but me. Didn't live up to the hype.

528) Remember the Titans. Again, didn't live up to the hype. But it did have football, so that's a plus.

528 down, 472 to go.

Stayed home again today and took it easy. Not really feeling a lot of improvement but it's only been one day. The problem with the brace is that my knee isn't folding back too far anymore but with it on it feels like I'm going to pitch forward. My dimestore physiology is telling me that there is something going on with the ligaments so that they aren't holding my knee in position like they should and pumping me full of Celebrex isn't the solution. Also, Lee says Celebrex messed his mother up when she was on it so I'm a little worried about it. I don't know if headaches and being short of breathe are official side effects but I'm pretty sure they are. Cause I have them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home