Wednesday, July 20, 2005

07-20-2005

545) The Fearless Vampire Killers, Or Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are in My Neck. Better than I was expecting, but it still had that laxity of direction inherent in a lot of late 60s movies. Most of the humor is episodic in nature; many of the scenes are nothing more than buildup to a punchline and more often than not the laugh isn't worth that much setup. It's disatisfying, doesn't serve to advance the plot and is a big reason I don't really care for a lot of the "great" movies of that era.

546) Shakespeare in Love. It's getting to the point where I can't even stand the sight of Gwynnie. The teeth, the wooden acting, the inability to create more than four distinct facial expressions. It's just too much to take. And it's such a shame because this was really good except that I simply couldn't get past her.

547) Ricochet. What a psycho movie. Gleefully violent, disgustingly vulgar and twisted sense of humor, completely insane performance by Lithgow... What's not to like?

547 down, 453 to go.

My favorite Seinfeld episode was on today. I shed a tear every time that desk gets destroyed.

I have an appointment tomorrow at 2 to see the real doctor I was supposed to see last time. We called to get him to look at my x-rays and see what he thought and now he wants me to come in so he can have a look for himself. I don't know if I really feel any worse or not, but I certainly don't feel any better. The brace is doing a decent job at keeping me from stepping wrong when I do walk but I doubt it's actually fixing anything. It still doesn't keep me from having to step very carefully though, I'm still at an old man hobble getting around and walking is seriously nerve wracking. Each step and I'm like "this is the one where it folds and I can't breathe and then I cry" cause buddy it is seriously starting to hurt whenever it slips. I know the Celebrex isn't helping. Quick word of advice, if a doctor wants to prescribe that stuff to you tell him where he can take it twice daily 'cause that stuff is evil. So maybe tomorrow I'll have some answers on what is going on and they can either cut me and get things fixed or he can dope me up on some pain killers and I won't care anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

The Vampire Killers was lame, but wasn't Sharon Tate hot?!?

5:31 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

yeah, but don't you feel kind of weird checking out one of the manson family's victims?

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home