Friday, January 28, 2005

01-28-2005

73) The Trouble With Harry. A "lesser" Hitchcock, but still a better movie than a lot of people make now. To me, this is the true definition of a black comedy. Instead of showing morbid or twisted acts as comedic, Hitchcock shows the comedic goings on of an eccentric group of people in the midst of a morbid situation.

74) National Security. Oh Steve Zahn, I hope you got PAID for this one, because you were it's only bright spot. Otherwise, blech.

75) Cornered. Dick Powell hunts down the Vichy bastard that ordered his wife's murder in Nazi-sympathizing Argentina. Oh how I hate the French.

75 down, 925 to go.

I'm still five behind, but I'll be hitting the theater tomorrow for my saturday five plus at least one in the morning. Donna will be joining me for Million Dollar Baby, which I am looking forward to (both the movie and hanging out with you, Donna), and then I'll be hitting the rest of the day on my own. I'll be playing catch up this weekend and next week and hopefully back on schedule before the Super Bowl throws me right back off again. I'm still pretty ticked about the Steelers loss but I'm going to pull for the Patriots because, for one thing, I hate Philadelphia and also because they're just so damn good no matter what happens that you can't hate them, you just have to admire them. I'm really more upset with the Steelers than the Patriots to be honest. But hey, you can't realistically expect a rookie quarterback to go all the way after a 16 week schedule and then the post season when he's used to playing twelve games tops. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for next season and can start hitting the movies pretty hard again now that regular TV will be my only distraction (the the stinking NCAA basketball tournament is just around the corner and it's looking like at least Bama will get there so that will kill me a little). One Tree Hill is probably getting dropped from the rotation and, thankfully, Point Pleasant sucked so I'm not worried about watching those anymore. The revised TV list is Desperate Housewives, The Simpsons, Arrested Development, Gilmore Girls, and The OC so that's a little more manageable than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home