Monday, January 24, 2005

01-24-2005

Yeah, I was feeling better once I got home. The rest of the day flew by pretty quickly so that put me in a better mood and I got down to the serious business of watching movies again. I actually had a false start saturday night with The Stand In. I had forgotten all about this, but it was one of the first black and white movies I ever watched and the first Bogart movie. I used to watch westerns with my dad a lot, but for the most part they were the only old movies I had ever really seen. Anything else seemed weird and I guess as a kid I really only watched cartoons and Star Wars and stuff, but when I was maybe ten AMC started showing Laurel and Hardy shorts on saturday morning and dad happened to see one one day and was telling me all about going to the movies when he was a kid and how they'd show a cartoon and a Laurel and Hardy short before the movie and how he'd still be laughing so hard over Stan and Ollie that he'd miss the first half of the feature and so I started watching Laurel and Hardy and realized they were crazy funny and that led to Marx Brothers stuff and Abbott and Costello and from there on I actually started watching AMC more than anything else for a long time. The paper used to have a list of all the movies being shown that week so I would go through and highlite all of the movies I wanted to see and tape them while I was at school and come home and watch them. That's how I saw The Stand In for the first time. I don't really remember too much about it except at the end Bogey says something like "you realize this makes you a charlatan and a libertine" and I had no idea what a libertine was until I looked it up and then I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard and went around trying my best to use it in conversation. I was really tempted to go ahead and watch it anyway but I was tired and decided to just call it a night. I kind of wish I had now.

68) The Badlanders. Suffered from some overwrought scripting at times, but for the most part I really enjoyed it. Solid storyline and good direction. I was wondering if my dad had seen this while I was watching it. I'm sure he has, everytime we start watching one that he says he hasn't after about ten minutes in he always remembers having seen it and how it ends.

69) You Got Served. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OH MAN. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHEN THE GUY SLID ACROSS THE FLOOR ON HIS HEAD? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AND THE WEIRD CROSS BETWEEN VANILLA ICE AND GUILE FROM STREET FIGHTER 2? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! AND THEN LIL KIM? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IF THERE COULD BE A STUPIDER MOVIE EVER MADE I WOULD GIVE UP A FINGER TO BE A PART OF IT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

69 down (hee), 931 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home