Monday, January 02, 2006

01-02-2005

- Today has been an excellent day. Bama ends the season on a high note, Auburn reminds us all of why they will always be the red headed stepchild of Alabama football, and I eat dinner at the Waffle House while reading a book and then listen to Johnny Cash on the way home. Yes, things are starting to get back to normal around here, and I like it.

- I'm starting to fear I'll wind up accidentally completing my joke goal of gaining 100 pounds this year. I used to eat at Waffle House every night (that's not hyperbole, it was literally every night) right after high school and wound up gaining most of my freshman 70 before even starting classes at UAB. I was a slim 140 at the end of high school and then topped out at my fighting weight of 210 somewhere around Christmas that year. When I went to the doctor the other day they weighed me at 196, which is about 10 lbs heavier than usual but I fluctuate between 180 and 200 all the time so it wasn't that big a deal. But still, that's 10 lbs heavier than usual. And now here I am, thinking about going back tomorrow night. Must. Eat. Healthy. If I can watch 1000 movies, I can manage to stay away from country ham.

- Starting tomorrow I'll start posting some thoughts on movies that have stood out this past year. I went through about half the posts this morning and I've really seen some good stuff that I'd like to take in again. I've regretted this whole endeavor for most of the past two months, but looking back I'm glad I did it. There are so many movies that I've enjoyed but would never have watched if it hadn't been for this, and it's been one hell of a conversation topic wherever I go. Maybe I should build that sail boat this year instead of learning Russian, just to have something to talk about at parties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home