Monday, July 11, 2005

...You just kinda wasted all my precious time...

...but don't think twice, it's all right...

Things I don't want to do today:

1) Be at work.

2) Do any work.

3) Stay all day at work.

And yet, being the loyal company man that I am, I shall do all of these things right after I'm through complaining about it here. Today would be a perfect day to take off so I could sleep late and then watch movies all afternoon but there's just too much to do. Jolley continually accuses me of being a workaholic (need...more...WORKAHOL...) but that's seriously not the case. For starter's, my name is on the building. It's not like I can get away with half-assing everything enough to keep getting a paycheck. There's already enough people doing that which is the one of the direct causes of my insane work ethic. It's true, I hate to leave things unfinished, but when the day is over and I can't go any longer (you try working 60 to 65 hour weeks for four months straight on knees that feel like a rusty screw is caught in the middle, buddy) I leave and don't think about it again until the next day whether I'm finished with everything or not. And when that next day comes I hit snooze for as long as possible and spend the rest of the time before I get here dreading it. I'm not the kind of person that is constantly thinking about work and wishing I was here. It's the total opposite. So now there's a second floor worth of shit from UPS to go sort, half a dozen orders to be printed hanging under my name, and a sincere desire to go home and hide under my bed, but not too far, cause then I can't see the TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home