Sunday, July 10, 2005

07-10-2005

507) Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead. Quirky humor, great character actors (by the truckload no less), why wasn't this a bigger deal? I remember it in the theaters briefly and thought it looked good but then forgot about it.

508) Strange Illusion. When I was at Sam's yesterday I took a look at the DVDs and they had all these crazy DVD box sets that looked kind of ghetto, but also awesome, and I had actually seen the film noir one at Best Buy and thought about buying it but backed out 'cause it was $40 and looked too cheap to command that price (even if it was 10 DVDs), but since Sam's had it for $20 I decided to take the plunge. So far so good. I've already seen D.O.A. earlier this year but if the other 9 are as good as this one I'm headed back for Gothic Horror, Horror Classics, and Vintage Murder Mysteries.

509) Last Action Hero. I know this had a bad reputation and everyone thought it was stupid, but I kind of liked it. As far as a parody of action/cop movie cliches go it was pretty funny (maybe that's why no one liked it, they wanted a serious action movie from Arnie?), if a little bit long (though was that also part of the parody?). Bonus points for a young Veronica Vaughn and the nod to The Seventh Seal (although Ian McLellan as Death seemed silly for some reason. Maybe it was the screamingly obvious bald wig they put on him).

510) Hart's War. Long, kind of preachy. Whatever.

511) The Hitch-Hiker. One more from the box set for today. I'm totally sold on it now. Ida Lupino steps behind the camera for this one, and she does a good job, but it would have been nice to have her to look at for a little while.

511 down, 489 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home