Sunday, May 22, 2005

05-21-2005

384) Rudy. I'm a little embarassed to say I've never seen this, but it's just one that I've never gotten around to. I mean, why would anyone want to play for Notre Dame so badly? Just kidding, it was the 70s when they actually won from time to time, and it really was kind of heart warming and I did get a little choked up, not because Rudy finally got to play, it's just always fun to see a Georgia Tech quarterback being sacked.

385) The Negotiator. I remember there being a big fuss over this before it was released but then I don't think it was in theaters for too long. Anyway, overly long in parts, but definetely well done. We're okay.

386) Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Maybe a small part of me was hoping this was going to be awesome and make me forgot about the other two, but mostly I saw it for the closure. I mean, come on. How do you go from debating which of the three is the best (Empire, baby!) to which of the three sucked the least (Not sure, really). I don't even know what to say, it's like even my dorkiness can't overcome the terrible let down. I've seen the original trilogy over 200 times, I read the books, I read the comics, I know what the model number of the Millenium Falcon is and knew that Bail Organa's ship is the same as Princess Leia's blockade runner, which, by the way, is called a Corellian Corvette. I know all the lame and stupid trivia you can know about the original trilogy because for some reason it inspired that kind of obsessive devotion in me. But the prequels are just lame and stupid and it's like Lucas finally decided to get around to making them after claiming he already had them written years ago and realized that he could do whatever he damn well pleased, including forget his own mythology when scripting and foisting the likes of Jar Jar Binks upon us, and as long as it had "Star Wars" in the title us stupid losers would shell out our money and let him plop any old turd he wants to on us and we'd probably grumble for a little while but we'd hold out that hope that the next one would be better and it would all be worth it and when they came out we'd line up and pay our money all over again. And he was right. But now there won't be any next one and none of it was worth it. My eyes damn near rolled out of my head through the whole thing (it was bad enough having 3PO and R2 being built by Anakin, but now Chewie makes a cameo? Give me a fucking break) and I sit here all bitter that I can't at least retreat back into the fuzzy cocoon of A New Hope and forget all about them.

388) Urban Legends: The Final Cut. This might be the best idea for a sequel ever, or possibly the worst. I can't really make up my mind. On the one hand, it would be stupid to try to carry on the events of the first one so taking the same premise and transporting it into a different situation and even turning the events of the first into an urban legend in this one are clever ways to continue the franchise. On the other hand, there wasn't really a point to having a sequel and this could have been a decent enough slasher picture on its own without trying to tie in some lame "urban legend" storyline.

388) The Tuxedo. Oh that Jackie. When will he learn?

388 down, 612 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home