Wednesday, February 02, 2005

02-02-2005

I've had this crazy headache all day, it feels like someone is squeezing the sides of my head together, but they are putting the most pressure on the left side. It sucks. I didn't even bother watching the State of the Union tonight, I just took a nap and then went to the grocery store.

91) The Grudge. There were a lot of things I wanted to say about this movie, but I just don't really know where to start. Anyway, this is where you can all see how completely crazy and weird I am with my obsessions, but the whole time I was watching it and Sarah Michelle Gellar was on I kept getting the same feeling I get thinking about my ex-girlfriend. Like it made me totally sad and I would keep noticing all the stupid little things that I thought were so cute about her on Buffy and then I'd come to my senses and be all "you jackass, she's an actress, Buffy is a character, and you're a freakshow" but everytime she was onscreen I'd fall in love with her all over again. Most people know about my long and tumultous relationship with Britney and my on again off again thing with the Lohan and even my new crush on Marcia Cross, but SMG was my first true celebrity love and she'll always have a very special place in my heart, even if she is married to the Jr. Prinze. And that's another thing, I can't even hate Freddie! The times I've seen him on talk shows or whatever he's seemed like a really nice guy so there's nothing to hate him for other than being married to SMG! So yeah, if you can't tell I'm a total psycho. Anyway, I was going to try and be all funny and do an imaginary conversation with SMG, like "Hey, funny seeing you here. You look great. How's what's his name? Ha Ha, yeah, I know his name..." but I just don't really have the strength or patience with the whole headache and all, and then I was going to carry on about how SMG is the perfect example of why cute girls are way better than hot girls because hot girls are always just hot, but cute girls are always cute but can also be hot, but I just don't feel like getting into that either. This gave me the same feeling I had after watching The Ring, namely that it was a lot of build up and work for not a lot of pay off. Seeing the Japanese original of horror movies is the new film snobby thing to do, so I've kind of resisted seeing Ju-on and Ringu because I don't want to be that guy. Apparently The Grudge is almost an exact remake of Ju-on (down to the director and crew), just with American characters to appeal to an American audience, so I get the feeling I probably will feel the same about the original as well. I don't know, I guess it was good and there was some really creepy stuff in it, but I just wasn't all that...moved I guess? Academically I can say the direction and acting and storytelling were all good, but whatever.

92) Final Destination. Dear Ali, Bangs are not your friend. Love, Todd.

92 down, 908 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home