Thursday, December 15, 2005

12-15-2005

937) The Marx Brothers in a Nutshell. Decent documentary I guess. They spent a lot of time showing clips of their movies and routines and for anyone that's more than a passing fan it gets tedious. If I wanted to watch Cocoanuts or Horse Feathers, I would just watch them. The only real revelation was that most everyone that knew all of them in real life thought Zeppo was the funniest, though you can actually kind of see that in the movies. He was always the straight man in their routines, but you could also see a sort of smirk on his face and could tell he had a great sense of humor about it all and didn't need to act up like the others.

938) Mr. Magoo. Might seem like a weird choice, but I once watched Surf Ninjas because of Leslie Nielsen so I decided to give it a shot. Plus I wanted to watch a comedy right now because watching a bunch of dramatic or romantic movies would be a terrible idea. It kind of backfired with this one though because within the first five minutes Jennifer Garner was on screen and she makes me think of Alias which makes me think of Sarah and since after today we won't actually be speaking for a while in order to give us each time and space that really sucked.

939) The Curse of the Jade Scorpion. I figured out why I shy away from Woody Allen movies: Woody Allen is always in them. He absolutely bugs the crap out of me and even though everything else in his movies are usually pretty good his character is always so annoying that it makes me dislike the whole thing. If Bill Murray or Steve Martin played his role in this, they would have worked out just fine and I would have LOVED it. There are plenty of other comedic actors that could have pulled it off too, but just off the top of my head those two guys would have been great and made me like this more. Otherwise all I can say is that's its good but he just bugged me.

939 down, 61 to go.

- I haven't been paying a lot of attention to football news lately, so this one sort of slipped by me. Anyway, I'm not comforted. Had Watson stayed on as AD and stepped down as Head Coach I would have been fine with that. He's done a good job bringing the program into 1A competition, but it's his abilities as a game day coach that are sorely lacking. He was solely the HC for several years before also donning the AD cap and wasn't any more sucessful than he is now, so I'm not sure why he thinks he can focus on football and do any better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

I've decided to become a Steelers fan. I was a Dolphins guy during the Marino/Shula years, but have been searching for an NFL team after both retired. I dig the "Steel City" thing (for obvious reasons), dig the black and gold, dig the Terrible Towel, dig giving it to a big mutha at the one to get it into the end zone. Guess it's time to buy Madden for the first time since 1990 and start kicking ass.

Oh, and so help me, I really, really like Terry Bradshaw and Mean Joe.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

well i hope i can take some credit in converting you to the steeler cause. really thinking about it, they are pretty much the closest thing in the nfl to old school bama football, winning with defense and pounding the ball straight down the other guy's throat. i love it! also, i love terry bradshaw too. people act like he is such an idiot, but he cracks me up! of course, i crack up listening to john madden on mnf, too, so you can take that with a grain of salt.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home