Saturday, December 10, 2005

12-10-2005

920) Ghosts of the Abyss. I wish I had seen this in an IMAX theater. I have yet to see an IMAX movie, even though we have a theater here in Bham. Van and I actually almost saw Gladiator in an IMAX theater in Nashville (Nashvegas, Cashville, whatever...) when we made a pilgrimage to the former Opryland. Finding out there was a Gibson outlet store up there put into our heads that we were going to walk out with an armload of J45s for a reasonable price, only to find that their prices on second quality merchandise was actually higher than the good stuff at a reasonable retailer. It was really quite a let down. On the way out we thought about staying and seeing a movie because they had an IMAX theater there but when we found out they were showing Gladiator instead of a real IMAX movie we decided to go on home and wound up stopping at like three more malls on the way to wash the bad taste of outlet hell from our palates. Anyway, the documentary itself was kind of weak, but the real story were the visuals taken from the wreckage and I'm sure it would have been more impressive in an IMAX theater. Also, Bill Paxton is a dork.

921) Cold Fusion. Weak Xtreme sports documentary. Apparently there are people that ski and/or snowboard in a dangerous fashion. Who knew?

922) One Good Cop. Rene Russo = Hot.

922 down, 78 to go.

- I'm updating ealry because I have to go run some errands and I'm not sure when I'll be back to start up again. It's been a rough morning and I'm really not in the mood, but I'm going to have to get back to it. I hate movies.

Update: Fuck it. I'm soldiering on. I went out to the car and started out to Target but I really didn't feel like being around a bunch of people. If I had gone some of the more local readership might have seen me on the evening news smashing the place up and being dragged away.

923) Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. I saw the trailer for it in the theater way back when and ever since then kept thinking I'd like to see it. I don't know why.

924) Scenes From a Mall. Shut up Woody Allen.

925) Fear and Trembling. I read that this was a French Office Space, but it wasn't all that funny. It had that same "poking fun at corporate culture" idea behind it, but to me it came off more as a character study of a young woman trying to mold herself into a chosen identity and failing miserably, though maybe it's just that I don't know a lot about Japanese office culture. Still, whatever.

926) Murderball. Not lying, I shed a tear at the end. Also, Team USA trains 10 minutes from my house and across the street from my high school, and I never had a clue. I really need to start paying more attention to the local news.

926 down, 74 to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a big sign on Lakeshore Drive right by the entrance to Lakeshore Rehab that says something like "Training site for US Paralympic Team."

Here's a list of upcoming training sessions there. Maybe we should see if there's a murderball session coming soon.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks like you might be cutting it close, but you'll definitely make it. very impressive!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home