Wednesday, December 07, 2005

12-07-2005

- I actually watched this after I updated last night:

911) Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman. IFC used to show the old 60s Zatoichi movies every Saturday morning. It's been awhile since I've seen them, but I'm pretty sure they weren't nearly as bloody as this update. Anyway, despite the extra gruesome nature of some of the fight scenes, it held pretty true to the spirit of the originals.

- And then resumed tonight's viewing pleasure with these:

912) Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death. Sweet mercy, Bill Maher has to be the most annoying person on the face of the Earth. I'm not just saying that because I think he's a leftist douche (though I totally do), I'm saying it because he is so painfully unfunny that watching him attempt to make with the laughs is like torture for me. STFU BILL MAHER!

913) Shadows and Fog. I'm not sure why I have a bias against Woody Allen. I've only seen a few of his movies and I've enjoyed all of them well enough, but for some reason I always think that I don't like him. So, even though it's a little late in the game, I'm going to get as many of his that I can from Netflix before the year runs out and see how that goes.

913 down, 87 to go.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How random is the last scene in this Zatoichi movie? Totally out of nowhere.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

no kidding! it was like an asian riverdance or something...

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally get the Woody Allen bias. I've concluded that it's because somewhere in my mind, I can't get over the fact that he married his daughter.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

I, um, am the last person on the earth that really, really likes Bill Maher. Like, when he said he's "pro-death," e.g. pro-choice, pro-death penalty, pro-assisted suicide -- whatever makes the commute faster. Hooray for buying the farm, kicking the bucket, etc.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home