Monday, September 19, 2005

09-19-2005

732) Stranded. It's a Spanish production, so the dubbing makes sense, except that the actors were clearly speaking English when it was shot. Their lips completely match up to their words so the effect is like a cross between Spaghetti Western dialogue and Anime voice overs. "I am talking normally now...HEY! SOMETHING IS FUNNY! HAHAHAHAH! Again I shall speak normally..." And besides that, the movie just sucked. Did they have a script at all? Cause Gallo seemed like he was just making up his lines. Which, knowing Gallo, that's quite possible but everyone else's dialogue was so terrible and "I might be a waiter now, but I just joined an improv acting troupe to hone my skills! Big things are a coming!" All of the acting was horrendous too, but that was really the product of the terrible scripting and the weird effect of the dubbing. Plus, it just didn't go anywhere. I mean, I don't think I'll be spoiling a lot if I say that "they find something" but then it's just like "okay, we found something, don't know what it is, probably never will, roll credits." It was just dumb. Whatever.

732 down, 268 to go.

- Arrested Development is back, baby!

"I think I'm going to stay out here and watch that famous Reno sunset."
"Isn't that behind you?"
"Yes, but there are mirrors. It will actually look bigger."
Brilliant.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara Newell said...

Todd,

I tried to log in a minute ago to leave a comment, and for some reason, I found myself mysteriously close to opening a blog for myself. Weird. Anyway, in case you didn't get the previous comment, I'm trying find out if you ever reviewed Oliver Stone's Alexander. I watched it this past weekend. Did you ever post anything on it, 'cause I would like to read it.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

no, i saw it before the year began. it sucked. big time. only a total douche bag like oliver stone could turn one of the greatest true stories history has given us into a weepy soap opera like that. i mean, you could make a movie about the stunning achievements of one man who conquered the known world, or you could make it all about how he and jared leto were so in love. lame, lame, lame, lame, lame. weirdly, val kilmer was the best part.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sara Newell said...

I agree that Stone really overemphasized Alexander's sexuality/sexual preferences. And I didn't really appreciate having to see Colin Firth's balls when he was about to hop into bed with yet another man. Colin Firth is beautiful, the way Greek statues are beautiful, which made him an appropriate actor for the part, but I got really bored with the shallowness of it all.

Anyhow, so what's next on your que? Like Van said, if you haven't seen Michael Collins yet, that might be one to rent.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Todd,

Email me: mosesxan at gmail dot com

Maybe we can figure out where we might have met.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home