Thursday, September 15, 2005

09-15-2005

A few quick notes:
-Happy Birthday to Windy.
-Happy Birthday to Charity.
-Unlike some people (Whose names' start with an L and end in an eslie), I don't forget birthdays. Also, you can totally bust Sarah for telling me.
-My friend Claudia at Ole Miss's phone got knocked around in her purse last night at about 12:30 and managed to call me, which was okay because I was still awake and watching 8MM, but then at 1:30 after I had just gone to sleep she saw that she had dialed me and decided it would be a good idea to call and apologize and that wound up being a two hour conversation. So, again, no sleep for Todd.
-It has been a hell of a day at sea, sir. After the three hours of sleep I managed to eek out, my sinuses decided to go completely bitchcakes this morning and I've been sneezing and coughing and blowing snot all over the printing floor because I'm gross and because we were too busy for me to stop and get tissue every five seconds ever since. Seriously, snot with the viscosity of water was running right out of my nose. It was disgusting. Plus, like I said, we were insane busy. We've taken on doing the printing for the gift shop at Death Valley because the printer that usually does it is an old friend of ours and both his shop (which was across the street from the Superdome) and his house were destroyed by Katrina. So he's in the 'ham and we're contract printing all of his orders so he can keep his LSU license and cash flow going until he gets up and running again. Thankfully Bama plays on the road this weekend or we would never have had the time to get out the usual volume of Bama shirts plus the LSU stuff.
-I say all this because that' s my excuse for not watching jack tonight. I'm taking a shower and watching The OC and then that's it. Goodnight, and God bless.

Update: I slept from about 6:30 to 9 when Sarah came over to watch The OC (The Dean of Discipline? That sounds like a really lame wrestler.) and the caught the end of the Utah/TCU game. How do you upset Oklahoma, then lose to SMU, and then upset Utah? Granted, OU and Utah aren't the teams they were last year, but apparently TCU isn't either. Too bad they left C-USA after pushing for the other Texas schools to join. Now UAB gets to travel half way across the damn country to play UTEP (if that weren't Iron Bowl weekend I'd seriously consider the trip, that should be a great game) and the whole conference gets brought down a peg with SMU and Rice joining. Talk about the Big 12 having some serious disparity between it's divisions. The East looks tough with only East Carolina as a patsy while the West has UTEP and...well, they have UTEP. Tulane usually acquits themselves well and Houston never looks terrible in defeat, but that's it. So you know what, screw you TCU. I hope you choke on those mormons next weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you not get my gift? Hmmm...I blame the Postal Service! Happy belated anyway :-)
L-eslie

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home