Wednesday, September 14, 2005

09-14-2005

723) Jailbait!. Or what Todd looks for in a woman. ZING! So anyway, needlessly lewd and vulgar (and you know I love me some lewd and vulgar), scripted by someone with no grasp of dialogue, character development or even basic storytelling, populated with wretched actors...I could go on and on. Seriously, the guy who directed Pump Up the Volume, a movie I once watched three times in one day, turned in this pile? It was so completely awful that I almost quit watching after 30 minutes and wrote it off as a loss because I'm not sure how many more of these I can take. Earlier on I could suffer through a movie this bad for the sake of one more down and because I didn't want to waste time watching half a movie and then quitting, but it's getting harder and harder to soldier through.

724) Frenzy. Well I'll be. London does swing like the pendulum do. Roger Miller, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!

725) 8MM. Seriously, seriously, seriously messed up. I know it's just a movie and I'm sure snuff films really are just urban myths because I have to, but the other more than hardcore stuff in this, you know it's real and you know that filthy fucking degenerates are out there making/watching/buying it and the capacity for depravity and evil in some people is more than astounding or horrifying because there really are no words to describe what sort of complete and total evil it must take to do that. I don't know why this movie was even made. It's not that it was bad, because it was a well made warning against the tangential effects of pure evil because it really does exist and because it exists without warning or reason or excuse or relativity or grey areas and because it changes/destroys everything around it and because its easy to ignore and its easy to excuse because good people don't have that capacity and don't want to believe that other do and maybe I guess that's why the movie was made.

725 down, 275 to go.

- 16 Horsepower gave me a link on his blog, which was really nice of him, but it's made me think that I might be crazy. Seriously, is watching 1000 movies in 1 year an insane thing to do? Like, I always knew it was a little nuts, but more like funny nuts, all "oh that Todd, he's such a character, always up to something!", but not flat out bitchcakes crazy. Reading "the chronicle of his watching 1,000 movies in one year. He's currently in the 700s I believe" makes me sound nuts. Am I? Seriously? Cause it's kind of bothering me. Would a normal person even consider such an undertaking, much less actually do it? Or is this more of a charmingly eccentric sort of thing, like the time my Dad was convinced he could take the new quarters out of circulation? I'm insane aren't I?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's cool. My wife, however, refers to such things as "boy projects," meaning it's something only men are stupid enough to do. She's seen me enjoy books like Join Me and Yes Man by Danny Wallace or Are You Dave Gorman? by Dave Gorman, and she's scared crapless I might embark on a similar venture.

I own over 1,000 CDs and was listening to them in alphabetical order for a while. I made it about half way through and she said she just couldn't take it anymore after having to listen to something like 15 CDs in a row of Witold Lutoslawski (a modern Polish composer.) I had mercy on her.

I don't think it's nuts at all, only the woman in my life does. She's skewed my sense of reality and eccentric fun. Pay her no mind.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home