Saturday, September 03, 2005

09-03-2005

694) Anatomy of a Murder. This has a serious shot for the end of year "best" list. It would also be a serious contender for everyday movie if it didn't clock in at 160 minutes. That's a little too serious for light viewing. Anyway, Stewart gives one of his finest performances as the wily small town man against the bigger fish in society, and nothing is better in a movie than simple country folk outwitting the city slickers. There was actually a point near the end when I was on my feet screaming "Didn't see that one coming, DID YOU? IN YOUR CITY SLICKING FACE!" Apparently being a virtual shut-in these past few weeks has really taken it's toll. Further, the Duke Ellington score was magnificent and really a highlight for me. I'll stop gushing now cause I could go on and on.

695) War Paint. Growing up with Unsolved Mysteries has made it virtually impossible for me to think of Robert Stack without his trenchcoat.

695 down, 305 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home