Sunday, August 28, 2005

08-28-2005

671) Seeing Other People. Why do I keep watching indie comedies?! They always sound so funny, but they always end up sucking so incredibly hard. Like this one. It's got Andy Richter. It's got Jay Mohr. It's got Malcom's dad. It's got Lorelei. It's got about a million That Guys, and it has a decently promising premise. It should be funny. But it wasn't. Oh, it so wasn't. Just further proof that for every Napolean Dynamite there will be ten billion craptacular clunkers like this one. IN BED!

672) According to Spencer. As if I didn't learn my lesson with Seeing Other People. I will say that this one wasn't really trying to be a straight up comedy and that David Krumholtz and Adam Goldberg had some good moments, but still, not worth the effort. IN BED!

673) Father of the Bride Part II. After years of explaining how I can have a niece that is only four days younger than me and people saying "Oh, so like Father of the Bride II, right?" I've finally gotten around to actually seeing it. And it was cute. IN BED!

674) The Clearing. ACTING. I don't really like Redford that much. The Sting is the only movie of his that I can remember enjoying off the top of my head. I don't know why I don't like him, I just, I don't know, don't. Anyway, all of his scenes in this were opposite Dafoe and he really wasn't in it that much since most of the focus was on Mirren and the family and so I could stomach him. Unfortunately it was still another one of those movies where the actors don't really serve the story, but the story is there to serve them and let them display their mastery of craft and all that other bullshit and it just got boring. IN BED!

675) Sleepy Hollow. As much as my contrarian spirit wants to dislike Johnny Depp because everyone loves him, you can't deny that he's always been brave in the roles he's chosen and always performs well in them. So, grudgingly, my hat is off to you Mr. Depp. Keep up the good work. IN BED!

675 down, 325 to go. IN BED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home