Thursday, September 01, 2005

09-01-2005

688) April Fool's Day. I didn't think much would come of this one, but it turned out to be decently scary. The director used a lot of reflective surfaces to keep movement going in the background and would show scenes from the character's point of view and then quickly cut to a different perspective so that the characters are in different positions and make the whole room seem different and it made me constantly jumpy, all "what the hell was that?!" There wasn't a lot of jump-out scares or grosses out, instead they kept a pervasive sense of dread and menace up through the picutre. It was unsettling since there has only been one movie that consistenly freaked me out since I first saw Nightmare on Elm Street as a kid. Of course, watching it at 3 am didn't really help.

689) I Confess. Middling Hitchcock entry. He shows us the true murderer at the beginning and then works us through an investigation of the the wrong man, which was a neat device, but it never really caught fire.

689 down, 311 to go.

Bad: Instead of watching movies I was watching South Carolina/UCF.
Worse: I was also watching Oregon/Houston.
Worst: I was also running back and forth to the computer to keep tabs on Vandy/Wake Forest
Worstest: I also kept flipping over to CSS to watch Carson-Newman/West Georgia.
There is no way I'll make it only watching Alabama. I am so screwed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wes Wolfe said...

Yeah -- football is nuts. I ended up trying to woo a gal instead of watching the Carolina game. Bad move.
Balls before belles.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Todd Jones said...

You didn't miss much.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there other forums/blogs that are more specific for this topic? I have not found one.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home