Wednesday, August 24, 2005

08-24-2005

649) Savage Frontier. Why wasn't I an outlaw? I would have been so good at it.

650) Wild at Heart. David Lynch is my Ike Turner. No matter how much he beats me with his total bullshit movies he's always "David Lynch loves you baby, it's just sometimes I get a little crazy is all. Get yourself a kleenex, now, hurry yourself up, David Lynch ain't got all day. Remember Twin Peaks, baby? Remember how good David Lynch was to you? It'll be like that again baby, I promise, you just got to do what I tell you baby, David Lynch knows what he's talking about. It's just sometimes you make me so mad. David Lynch tried to warn you, but you just wouldn't listen!" and like a battered Tina Turner I get over it and watch another one and afterwards I feel cheap and dirty and used and knew I should have stayed away. If I ever meet Mr. David Lynch "I'm on TV" I'll hit him square in the face. Furthermore, when will someone spare the rest of the world and stop casting Laura Dern? Not only is she a worse actress than Gwynnie, she's punch in the face ugly. Won't someone please think of the children?!

651) Levity. After the awful Wild at Heart it was so hard to start another movie. It just sucked the life right out of me and made me want to never ever watch another movie again, so it's a good thing this one was pretty good cause two stinkers in a row and I would have just quit for the day. Seriously. You can't imagine how detrimental to my mental health that movie was. I laid in bed alternately praying that it would be over or that a jet engine would come crashing through the roof and put me out of my misery. But this, this was okay. Not a lot going on and I don't typically go for tales of "redemption" but this looks like it was shot just before Kirsten Dunst went from talented and attractive young actress to vapid and glassy eyed starlet (if by starlet I mean high functioning retard with a perpetual blizzard up her nose) so she was still good and Thornton and Freeman were both their solid selves. The story, again, didn't have much going on but it knew it and didn't try to do anything grand, just "here's a story, hope you like it" and it kept from clunking along. I'm down with it.

652) Intent to Kill. I'm not 100% positive, but I imagine this was the star turn that guaranteed Scott Patterson the role of Luke. I mean, it would be impossible to watch this and not imagine him all scruffy and back-hatted, serving up coffee and culturally relevant bon mots from behind a diner counter. Plus, funny mental image alert, what if he sat around the set and whenever any of the other actresses were maybe having trouble he'd be all "Well, when I was working on Intent to Kill Traci would have that exact same problem and she would always..."? How awesome would that be, giving Lauren Graham acting advice from Traci Lords? Oh man, I'm so glad I watched this, I was cracking up the whole time. What a great mood lifter.

652 down, 348 to go.

I did a little better today. If it hadn't been for sleeping til noon and Wild at Heart I really would have gotten at least two more in but sleeping so late killed one of those and it took me a good three hours of napping and goofing off on the internet to get back in the movie watching spirit after the Lynchian fugue state I had entered into during Wild at Heart. I also wound up watching 1 1/2 episodes of Once and Again tonight. I would have watched two but Sarah fell asleep during the second one and then she got up and went home so I stopped it and used all of my willpower to not finish it and three more. I have to be at the doctor's office at 11:00 tomorrow morning so I'll be forced to get up early and I can get at least one in before I leave. I'm bending more and more but it's a strain and very painful. The swelling has gone down though and I'm expecting him to be satisfied with the progress. I'm supposed to start using an exercise back to start getting back my full range of motion this weekend but I am so not looking forward to that. The simple bending exercises I'm doing now are hard enough. So anyway, progress, but limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home