Friday, March 04, 2005

03-03-2005

167) The World According to Garp. I've always shyed away from this because of Robin Williams (who annoys me to no end) but I've also always wanted to see it. Miserable Whore of an Ex-Girlfriend's mom gave me A Prayer for Owen Meany after she found out MWOAEG and I had seen and liked Simon Birch because the book was supposed to be so much better. Since I never got around to reading the book and I was forbidden by MWOAEG to see Simon Birch (or any other Ashley Judd movie) again, my brief exposure to the works of John Irving came to an abrupt end. Anyway, I really enjoyed this until it got weirdly sad and violent at the end. John Lithgow was excellent and I didn't even mind Williams. He played everything really low key proving that he can act if he wants to, he just never wants to. Robin called about ten minutes before it was over and blathered on and on about how people that live outside of Atlanta are dirty and violent scumbags so that was an interruption I could have done without. She's so the new IT girl.

168) Boris and Natasha. I confused this with The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, so instead of 90 minutes worth of silent longing for Rene Russo I got an aged Hot Lips Houlihan and the Beav and brother I was pissed. Okay, mostly I was just upset about the severe lack of Rene Russo in my life (and bed! ooooooooooooo....I'm soooo baaaaaaaaaaaaad!) because there were actually some pretty good laughs in this. It had a very silly sense of humor, which I like, so after I got over my mistake I was able to chuckle along. I'm okay with it.

168 down, 832 to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not say they were dirty and violent, I said I didn't like them. If you are going to say mean things about me in your blog you could at least be accurate. Once again your daydreams do not equal reality.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home