Thursday, March 03, 2005

03-02-2005

165) Higher and Higher. How did Sinatra get mixed up in this mess? It wasn't so bad that it was just unwatchable, but a lot of the setups were ruined by weak acting and the punchline didn't really connect. Mr. Drake was absolutely hysterical and would have fit perfectly in a Marx Bros. movie but otherwise this was pretty lackluster. Whatever.

166) Phantom of the Opera. Actually, this was really good. When the Andrew Lloyd Weber musical hit so big everyone I knew had the CDs and I wound up listening to them and liking them so I picked up a copy of the actual book in the 8th grade and it was so much more horrific and wild but I liked it too. When this came out I really wanted to see it but somehow never managed to and then just kind of forgot about it. I'm glad I saw this on the Cinemax schedule so I can see it and the ALW version. The Amazon review is dead on that this one is pretty true to the book. I was afraid it was going to be an "Uptown Nightmare on Elm Street" kind of picture, but I was pleasently surprised.

166 down, 834 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home