Monday, February 28, 2005

got a nine pound hammer...

it's a little too heavy...

So I got about 90 minutes into Papillon last night and I really enjoyed it but around midnight I knew it wouldn't be long before my eyelids got way too heavy so I shut it down to get some sleep. I can tell that it's going to feel like every one of it's 150 minutes, but not in a bad way. It's just going to take that long to do the story justice. I'm looking forward to finishing it when I get home so I hope it doesn't dissapoint.

I looked at the Oscar winners list and gave it my usual "eh." I'm glad Million Dollar Baby won for Best Picture because it really was the best but I'm not sure how I feel about Scorcese getting beaten by Eastwood. It's tempting to say that so much more was going on in The Aviator and that only a truly great director like Scorcese could pull something like that off and it was probably more of a challenge than Million Dollar Baby but MDB wouldn't be the superb picture it is without a brilliant director's hand so I'm really torn on that. But whatever, like it matters. Both are good movies and the Oscars are usually a load of crap anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home