Monday, February 21, 2005

02-21-2005

144) Suspicion. Oh man, I'm not sure what to think about this. Grant is positively sinister and it creeped me out. I mean, you just look at him and you know he's up to no good. It was a brilliant performance, but I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of Grant as villain. Besides seeing as many of the European greats as possible, I have also made it my goal to see all the Hitchcocks I haven't seen and this was a pretty good start. To Catch a Thief used to be my favorite, but it might be getting replaced. At first I wasn't really satisfied with the ending (I had a real "that's it?" kind of reaction), but once I started thinking about it it was really the best way to do it and works splendidly. Just an absolutely magnificent picture.

145) Penny Serenade. It's a Cary Grant double feature kind of night. Irene Dunne is so sweet in this that you can't help but love her, and there were a few times when even my black and lifeless heart almost broke. Girls, don't watch this without some Kleenex.

145 down, 855 to go.

So the ceiling in the kitchen finally fell in. The official story is that the faucets for the washing machine in the apartment upstairs were leaking and that's what caused the damage, but I'm still of the firm belief that our theory about squatting mexicans leaving a faucet on is valid. I don't care what the rent man says, there is no one up there painting at 3 am and if there is then they should fire him for being so slow since he's been up there working for the past SIX MONTHS. It's a pretty big mess in there and it's going to be a pain in the butt washing all of the dishes/glasses/cookware that are now covered in filthy brown water and wet plaster, but I still laughed pretty hard when I heard the crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home