Saturday, February 12, 2005

02-12-2005

117) Mule Skinner Blues. There were so many chances to make fun and take a lot of cheap shots at the people in the trailer park, but they didn't do that, and I really appreciated it. These are people making their lives with what they have and trying their best to enjoy it, and there's not a single thing wrong with that. The best line was Beanie and Larry talking about the movie and Beanie says "I don't even care if we don't make any money, I'm having fun!"

118) The Cooler. I don't know. On the one hand I'm glad it didn't turn out to be the depressing movie about depressing people that it started out as, but on the other hand it might have been better that way. And I hate Alec Baldwin, so whatever.

119) Le Divorce. Oh Naomi, why must you make it so hard for me to love you? I mean, I can forgive the David Lynch movie. All of his movies are utter crap, but I got suckered in with Twin Peaks so I know how hard it is to say no, and you were just so adorable during the first half before the movie got all, well, David Lynch. And The Ring? Look how cute you were there! But then, Sean Penn? Really? The movie wasn't even good! And now a Frog? You should have known he was a scumbag! He's French! I hope I Heart Huckabees is good because I just don't know how much longer I can take this.

120) Identity. I thought this was supposed to be an adaptation of And Then There Were None but, man, was I sorely mistaken. Oddly enough though, John Cusack didn't really bother me this time. Usually I can't stand him because his greatest acting achievement is taking the character of Lloyd Dobler and using him for all of his other roles. Too bad he picked this piece of junk to actually do something a little different. What a total cop out! And the big twist ending? Blech.

121) Intermission. Man, the Irish know how to freaking get it done! I'll say this is probably my second favorite movie so far. Each scene is exactly as it should be and all of the performances were great. The ending seemed a little forced and too neat, but getting there is so worth it.

121 down, 879 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home